NSW Department of Industry, University of Wollongong’s Innovation Campus and Wollongong City Council are serious about attracting new business to Wollongong. Our services include assistance with key local introductions, site selection, decision support material, and advice on government regulations, policies and incentives.
NSW Department of Industry (NSW DI)
NSW DI is the lead economic development agency for the NSW Government. NSW DI is responsible for driving sustainable economic growth across the state. NSW DI achieves works collaboratively with business and communities to advance investment, trade, innovation, productivity and regional growth across all sectors.
The Wollongong office of NSW DI can assist organisations considering Wollongong as a business location with:
- Location support materials to help facilitate your location selection decision.
- Information and advice on available funding and business support services.
- Referrals and local introductions to other government agencies, business and industry groups.
- Advice on government regulations and policies.
NSW Department of Industry
Ph: 02 4222 8338
Wollongong City Council
Wollongong City Council’s Economic Development Unit is the first point of contact for many businesses looking to establish, expand or relocate to Wollongong. The Unit also manages and coordinates the Wollongong City Centre, including the Crown Street Mall. The Economic Development unit can assist businesses with:
- Site identification support (land and buildings) and economic impact modeling for business development and investment.
- Access to a range of statistical data in relation to demographics, housing, business confidence and business growth trends.
- Support with understanding business development application processes and facilitating expedited communications where possible.
Mark Grimson, Economic Development Manager
Wollongong City Council
Ph: 02 4227 7166
University of Wollongong, Innovation Campus
The Innovation Campus (iC) is a world-class, award-winning research and commercial precinct. The precinct has been developed by the University of Wollongong (UOW), one of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities. iC provides 'state of the art' commercial office space at highly competitive rents. It has a well-established community of innovative companies that have leased office space in the commercial buildings, attracted by the exceptional campus facilities and the opportunity to collaborate with some of UOW’s leading research teams.
These international, national and regional companies recognise that iC is much more than a business, research and technology park. It offers significant commercial advantages in connecting with one of Australia’s leading universities for both research partnerships and recruitment of well-trained graduates.
Director Government Relations
University of Wollongong